Day camp can offer almost all of the benefits of traditional camp—new experiences, skill building, a sense of community and lasting friendships — in rural and urban settings while allowing campers to return home each afternoon. YMCAs across the nation offer day camps for elementary children and some have offerings for those in preschool and teens.
Day Camp is a state licensed program run by qualified teachers and experienced staff. Our day camp provides a wide variety of activities, learning opportunities, art projects, field trips, special themes and events, and so much more!
Beginning March 1, 2019 the Massillon location will be taking Full Time registrations. Part Time campers may register on a waiting list and we will begin filling spots on May 15th. March 1st will start registration for both full and part time spots at the Genoa program.
C.I.P. Program (formerly C.I.T.)
Welcome to Summer Day Camp and the C.I.P. Program! That's not a typo, this summer we are changing our camp's name. Since the program began is has been known as the C.I.T., Counselors In Training, program. This summer we will have our first annual Creating Integrity in Preteens, C.I.P., Program.
The C.I.P. Program is for children entering sixth through eighth grades.
The vision of the C.I.P. Program is to encourage personal growth, good character, leadership and citizenship in preteens to prepare them for a productive future. Throughout the summer our focus will be on the following:
- valuing yourself and your feelings
- learning to serve other and your community
- developing strong character
- most importantly having fun!!
Forms and Rates
- 2019 Massillon YMCA DAY CAMP (entering 1st to 5th grades)
- 2019 Massillon YMCA CIP Program (entering 6th to 8th grades)
- 2019 Perry Day Camp (@ Genoa Elementary, entering 1st to 5th grades)
- Administration Of Medication (includes sunscreen and/or bug spray)