When you join the Y, you belong to a community of men, women, and children who strive every day to be healthy, confident, and connected.
NO CONTRACT. NO ANNUAL FEES. ACCESS EVERYWHERE.
We don’t lock you into contracts or make you pay for a year-long membership up front. Nationwide Membership included for no additional or daily fee.
Now, thanks to the YMCA's Nationwide Membership program, YMCA members have access to most YMCAs around the country. You can work out at more than 3,000 other YMCAs for no additional or daily fee. This means you can keep up your workouts on business and personal travel across the state and around the country.
Benefits for Members
- Unlimited access to the Massillon Family YMCA and Towpath Trail YMCA (YMCAs of Western Stark County)
- Option to upgrade to a Regional membership, which gives you access to all the YMCAs in Stark & Summit Counties as well as member rates on programs
- Nationwide Membership privileges at participating YMCA facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico
- Free babysitting (Child Watch) while you work out or take a class (during set hours)
- Free land & water fitness classes and programs | Over 65 classes every week
- Access to Wellness/Nutrition coaching
- Trained staff to help you achieve your goals
- Fitness centers for adults and youth
- Reduced program fees
- Priority registration
- Discounted rates for child care including preschool, before or after school, snow days, and school days off
- Discounted rates for summer day camp
- Discounts on building rentals and birthday parties
Income Based Pricing
You’re qualified if your household income is less than $60,000 & you file a federal tax return. Just tell us your household income upon joining, the Y staff determines your unique rates right away, within two weeks of joining bring in a copy of your most recent federal tax return, and your rate is locked in for a year.
Discounts Based on Need
The YMCA is committed to providing quality programs and services to all members of the community, regardless of their ability to pay. Along side Income Based Pricing we also offer confidential assistance is available through our Discount Program. If you think this could be helpful for you, just complete this form, print, and turn into the Y.
Join fees are a one-time investment in the facilities. Your joining fee will not be payable again as long as your membership does not lapse more than 90 days.
Monthly Payment Plan
Automatic monthly withdrawal of membership dues from a bank account or charge to a Visa or MasterCard. No long-term commitment required. The down-payment will be the prorated membership dues for the remainder of the month plus the start-up fee. No long-term commitment is required, just a 30-day notice to terminate.
Annual Payment Plan
When you join as an annual pay member, you will pay 12 months plus a partial thirteenth month (depending on the day of the month you join). The membership will automatically renew each year until you cancel & return your membership card(s) to the YMCA. Benefit… no Start-up fee.
Membership Holds Available
Months 1-3 no charge; month 4-6 $10 per month, to be paid upfront (maximum of 6 months). Membership will restart automatically.
Termination of Membership
Membership will continue until you have completed the termination notice available at the the Massillon Family YMCA or Towpath Trail YMCA. Notice must be received by the YMCA staff prior to office close on the last
business day of the month. Annual memberships are non-refundable.
- $8.00 (3 years old & older)
- Free (2 years old & younger)
A day pass is sold to anyone coming to visit the Y, but not coming as a member’s guest. Only individuals 14 and older may purchase a day pass. All children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult that has purchased a day pass. Anyone purchasing a day pass MUST have photo ID on file with us. No exceptions. Day pass sales may be restricted during peak days/times.
Member Guest Pass
- Ages 14 & Older - $7.00
- Ages 3 to 13 - $5.00
- Ages 2 & Younger - Free
Members must be 14 or older to bring a guest. The guest must sign in and pay a fee per day. Youth guest ages 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Members may bring a maximum of 2 guests at one visit. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests. Any member allowing a non-member in the building dishonestly will risk the loss of his or her membership. Guest pass sales may be restricted during peak days/times.
Short Term Membership
These memberships automatically stop after 30 days. Available as a single adult or teen/young adult. Short-term rates are more than the Monthly Easy Pay.
Insurance Fitness Programs
The YMCA Military Outreach Initiative allows military families to have free membership enrollment at participating YMCA locations, including the YMCA of Western Stark County. To qualify for the military discount, applicants should get an eligibility form on www.asymca.org/ymca-dod-military-outreach-initiative. They can present this form at participating YMCA locations. Qualifying categories include:
- Active duty personnel and their families
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Relocated spouses and dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel (minimum six month deployment; not geo-bachelors and family that has moved “back home,” away from a duty station).
The YMCA of Western Stark County also offers discounts for veterans, individuals recently enlisted in the military, and active duty living local. For veterans we waive the entire start-up fee, the newly enlisted receive up to a 6 month membership at no charge and active duty living local can receive 50% off the start-up fee and 10% off their monthly dues.