Why Give to the Y?
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, strengthening our community is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
When you support the Y, you are supporting life-changing programs that help thousands of children, adults and families in Western Stark County to learn, grow and thrive.
Your support helps the Y deliver on our commitment:
- To nurture the potential of youth through building confidence at camp, academic enrichment in safe after-school programs, or foundational skills and values in our child care programs
- To improve the nation’s health and well-being through combating obesity and chronic disease by providing the support and resources people need to make positive change
- To give back and support our neighbors by empowering people with the resources to improve their lives and connect and contribute to the community, such as with job training, housing, newcomer services and opportunities to advocate for social change
- To offer programs and services to children, adults and families who need financial assistance
How you can help impact your community
There are 3 simple ways you can help us reach our goal and profoundly impact your community.
- CAMPAIGN. Join us in our cause to strengthen community by becoming an Campaigner and raising funds for the YMCA.
- SHARE. Your stories are our history. Share your Y story and experiences with us.
- DONATE. Here are a few ways your donations will help change our community:
- Shop at Smile.Amazon.com. Same Amazon but they donate to your charity. More info here.
- $50 can give a new swimmer a session of swim lessons, ensuring a lifetime of fun and safety in the water
- $100 provides a child one week of day camp - creating life-changing experiences
- $250 prevents chronic disease by helping 2 community members develop lifelong healthy habits
- $500 improves the quality of life for 5 older adults by helping them stay active, healthy and connected through SilverSneakers®.
- $1,000 teaches 20 kids how to be part of a team, where they develop character values, confidence and good sportsmanship
- $1,500 helps 18 kids succeed in Before And After School Enrichment programs that focus on academics, life learning skills and positive relationships.
- $2,500 provides 40 kids with swimming lessons and life saving water skills.
- $5,000 sends 10 kids to summer day camp for enriched learning and leadership experiences so they can grow into contributing and engaged adults.